The Tone of Voice Workshop
For an organisation to have a clear identity, it needs more than visual branding. The most successful brands also provide their teams with clear Tone of Voice guidance so that when staff communicate on the organisation’s behalf, they speak with one voice.
Over the course of this one-day workshop, your team will be supported to develop a Tone of Voice guidance document that all staff can refer to going forward. Their trainer will lead them from understanding the importance of branded communications, through drafting guidelines and onto agreeing a strategy for rolling out the guidelines.
You will cover:
- What does it mean to communicate a brand?
- Review of current branding assets
- Consider current multi-channel expressions of the brand
- Focus on values
EXPRESSING BRAND THROUGH LANGUAGE
- The personality of your brand
- Your relationship with your audience
- Formal vs. informal
- Patterns of speech
- Sample statements
- Dos and Don’ts
IMPLEMENTATION AND GETTING BUY-IN
- Timing your launch
- Messaging to internal audiences
- Brand heroes
- Brand clinics
- Feedback mechanisms